初中级中文教学 Teaching CFL to Elementary and Intermediate Learners
Elementary and Intermediate Chinese Teaching is crucial to the success for Chinese learners. A successful experience at the beginning levels would enable students to be more confident and motivated in learning Chinese. This SIG of Teaching CFL to Elementary and Intermediate Learners provides a platform for Chinese educators across the world to share their innovative approaches and teaching methods, address challenges and seek for solutions collaboratively, ask for and share advices on Chinese pedagogy and program enhancement, and connect with other members at any time. We also create a website to publish the online lecture minutes and discussion summaries, share research and pedagogical event information and to provide practical reference materials. We believe our collective wisdom and talents will make our website a treasure chest and a think tank for Elementary and Intermediate Chinese Teaching, where teachers can always come for advices, inspirations, encouragement and support.
- establishing a virtual community through WeChat group for teachers of Elementary and Intermediate Chinese to connect, share best practices and support each other;
- inviting experts to give online interactive lectures on topics in the area of Elementary and Intermediate Chinese teaching;
- providing teachers with online professional development opportunities;
- disseminating findings and event information of Elementary and Intermediate Chinese teaching and research;
- creating a website to publish online talking minutes, discussion summaries and practical reference materials; (https://campuspress.yale.edu/exchange/)
- collaborating with other SIG groups of Chinese language and culture teaching.
Jianhua Bai 白建华, Kenyon College
Yongping Zhu 朱永平, University of Notre Dame
Tong Chen 陈同, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Fang Liu 刘芳, Oberlin College
Ninghui Liang 梁宁辉 (chair), Yale University, Email: email@example.com