SIG – (K12CM) K-12 Classroom and Methodology K-12 中文课堂教学与方法论
This Special Interest Group of K-12 Classroom and Methodology will create a professional platform to connect K-12 Chinese teachers, from which they could update and refresh their Chinese classroom teaching skills and enrich their Chinese pedagogy and methodology.
Primary and secondary education is a formative stage for young learners, which will build a solid foundation with rigors for higher education and help to inform their future academic success. With the best use of learning tools and technologies, the 21st century skills will be fully developed. We will aim to investigate the latest advances in online and mobile learning, as well as the pedagogies and methodologies influenced by information and communication technologies, besides the research of current teaching theories, which will empower teachers, students, and administrators to keep abreast with the latest teaching experience. We will explore the following fields like blended learning, curriculum development, K-12 scope and sequence, E-learning, educational technologies, instructional design, classroom development, differentiation, TPRS, etc.
- Providing professional development opportunities via online tools or in person
- Reaching out to and collaborating with Chinese language and culture educators
- Organizing K-12teacher panels at national conferences
- Using various social media (e.g., WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) to establish a virtual community for teachers to connect, share and support each other.
- Prepare and distribute digital newsletters to promote and share
Group Leader: Chunmei Guan 关春梅, Logansport High School, Indiana
- Weibing Ye 叶为兵, University of Notre Dame
- Ye Sun 孙晔, Lafayette School Corporation
- Xia Zhang 张霞, St. Brendan High school
- Zhouzhou He 何舟洲, Fort Hill High School
- Hangxin Yu 于杭鑫, Barrington Middle School-Station campus, IL
- Shunqin Li 李顺琴, International College, Yunnan Agricultural University
- Prof. Xiaoqing Liu 刘小青, Butler University, Indianapolis, IN
- Dr. Xianquan Liu刘仙泉, Nebraska Department of Education, NE
- Dr. Le Kang 康乐, Vail Mountain School, CO