Pedagogical Assistant Professor of Chinese (Location: Bowling Green, KY) (Bowling Green, KY)
The Department of Modern Languages at Western Kentucky University seeks applicants for a tenure-track eligible pedagogical Assistant Professor for the Chinese Program to begin on August 15th, 2022. This position will be located on WKU’s main campus in Bowling Green, KY. The position is a full-time assistant professor, teaching up to 12 hours per semester of Chinese courses, including services related to instruction and program-building. In addition, this individual will assist in the enhancement of the Chinese Flagship Program, Chinese Major and Minor Program and Chinese Certificate.
Please submit an application at: http://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=140610. Review of complete applications will begin on February 1st, 2022.
– Doctorate or ABD in Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition, Foreign Language Education, Chinese culture or related field required
– Evidence of excellent teaching ability for both regular and intensive Chinese programs
– Experience with proficiency-oriented instruction aligned with ACTFL standards
– Experience developing Chinese content courses and materials
– Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
– Native or near native abilities in Mandarin Chinese and English
– Experience with serving a diverse student population
– Effective use of technology in instruction