Lecturer (Denton, TX)
The Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at the University of North Texas is seeking a full-time Lecturer in Chinese to begin September 1, 2023 (classes begin 08/21/2023). The position of Lecturer comes with full benefits. Duties including teaching four undergraduate courses (all levels from beginning through advanced) in Chinese language, literature and/or culture per semester. Active participation in Department activities and committees is expected.
- MA in Chinese language, literature, or culture, or related field required.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Chinese and English.
- US college/university level teaching experience in Chinese language
- Evidence of excellence in teaching.
- Experience successfully teaching advanced level Chinese language, literature and/or culture courses to native English speakers at the post-secondary level.
- Experience with program coordination/supervision.
- Evidence of service commitment to department and program.
- Experience facilitating student activities such as Chinese conversation table, Chinese culture club, or Chinese film series.
The University of North Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The University of North Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Link to job application: